A 3-years Research Engineer (IR) position is available for study of single-cell multi-omics data for breast cancer samples. We wish to characterize the molecular landscape (genomic, transcriptomic and epigenomic) of triple negative breast cancers in respect to their response or resistance to chemotherapies. We study different model systems: breast tumor samples, PDX (patient-derived xenografts) and cell lines.
The successful candidate will work within the DEpiC group (https://institut-curie.org/team/vallot headed by Céline Vallot) in the translational Department of Institut Curie together with wet-lab biologists and other computational biologists. The Vallot lab is expert in single-cell epigenomic analysis, and has developed both experimental (Grosselin Nature Genetics 2019; Marsolier & Prompsy Nature Genetics 2022) and computational resources (see https://github.com/vallotlab, and Prompsy Nature Communications 2020 for e.g) to analyze single cell epigenome landscapes in tumors. Institut Curie offers state-of the-art core facilities and platforms in a highly dynamic and international environment.
- Drive the design and execution plan for the analysis of single-cell transcriptomic and epigenomic datasets (tumor cohorts, model systems) from raw data to in-depth interpretation (de novo identification of cell population, markers, pathway analysis, gene networks and cell/cell communication)
- Develop ad hoc algorithms/packages for specific analytical tasks depending on the discovery program
- Conduct data analysis and interpretation hand to hand with biologists, to translate complex single cell data sets into actionable biological insights
Training and experience required
- Training in Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics or Bioinformatics (M2 or equivalent)
- Training and/or expertise in the analysis of high-throughput sequencing, ideally single-cell datasets
- Conceptual and technical background in eukaryotic chromatin and transcriptome would be appreciated
- Ability to work both independently and in collaboration with both computational and wet-lab biologists
- Ability to communicate and present results to the team, unit and @ conferences.
All our opportunities are open to people with disabilities
- Type of contract: Fixed-term contract
- Starting date: ASAP
- Duration: 3 years (starting 1 year, renewable)
- Working time: full time
- Remuneration: according to the current grids
- Benefits: Collective catering, reimbursement of transportation fees up to 70%, supplementary health insurance
- Location of the position: Paris
- Reference: 2022-09-UMR3244-DATA01
Please send your CV, letter of motivation and 2 references, to email@example.com.
Publication date: September 2022
Deadline for application: October 2022
Institut Curie is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer
and is dedicated to the highest standards of research integrity.