The “Institut Curie” is a major player in the research and fight against cancer. It consists of a hospital and a Research Center of more than 1000 employees with a strong international representativeness.
The objective of the Curie Institute Research Center is to develop basic research and to use the knowledge produced to improve the diagnosis, prognosis, and therapeutics of cancers as part of the continuum between basic research and innovation serving the patient.
The cytometry platform of the Institut Curie is a dynamic laboratory whose main activity consists in providing access to cytometry technologies (in service or in collaboration) to the scientists of the Institut Curie and more broadly to the national and international scientific community, public or private. With 12 instruments, the platform welcomes more than 250 users per year and is involved in numerous scientific projects. The IBISA label obtained in 2021 attests and promotes the quality approach undertaken in recent years.
Resolutely focused on innovation, the cytometry platform features "state of the art" technologies: spectral cytometry, image cytometry, and more to come. Well recognized in the field, the platform is part of several national, European and global networks and co-coordinates the Single Cell Initiative internal to the Institute.
Cytometry platform https://institut-curie.org/platform/curiecoretech-cytometry
The candidate will work on the cytometry platform of the Institut Curie within a team of 6 people.
Description of missions:
- manage the fleet of instruments by ensuring start-up, calibration, maintenance, shutdown and troubleshooting
- ensure the autonomy of users for their cytometry experiments
- implement cell sorting by cytometry
- prepare, perform and analyse cytometry experiments (conventional, spectral, image) in collaboration with researchers
- follow and adapt technological developments in the field of cytometry
- Train users to acquire their experiences (choice of cytometer, settings, acquisition, data management, etc.)
- Advise users for setting up their experiments (sample preparation, choice of markings, controls)
- Advise users for their sorting and analysis
- Carry out multiparametric cell sorting (preparation and adjustments of the sorter, optimization of the sorting strategy, performance and report of the sorting,)
- Provide help to users in the event of a problem with an instrument
Research / development activities:
- Ensure a technological watch in the field of cytometry (new technologies, new fluorochromes, etc.)
- Test new reagents, fluorescent probes
- Develop new cytometry protocols useful for the scientific community
- Collaborate on research projects
- Participate in the daily management of the platform (orders, inventory management, etc.)
- Respect and enforce the rules for using an L2 laboratory
- Act as a point of contact for suppliers concerning the maintenance and repair of the platform's analytical tools.
- Ensure compliance with the quality procedures
Contraints and risks
- Work in the L2 laboratory
- Be able to work in confined and noisy environments
- Work in a team and communicate with users
- Integrate into a network of platforms Short periods of travel
- Training and experience required
- BSc or MSc in cellular biology or immunology or hematology or related field
- Fluency in English to be able to interact with non-French speaking staff and to carry out the bibliography
- Knowledge of "Good Laboratory Practices"
- Good theoretical and practical knowledge of flow cytometry and cell sorting techniques, mastery of image cytometry would be a plus.
- Good working knowledge of flow cytometry analysis software
- Proficiency in bioinformatics tools for complex cytometric data analyses would be a plus.
- Skills required
- Relational qualities of working with multiple interlocutors
- Sense of service
- Communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Adaptability / Reactivity
- Know how to work in a team
- Autonomy for the management of day-to-day tasks
All our opportunities are open to people with disabilities
- Type of contract: Fixed-term contract
- Starting date: As soon as possible
- Duration: 12 months
- Working time: full time – 39 hours per week
- Remuneration: according to the current grids
- Benefits: Collective catering, reimbursement of transportation fees up to 70%, supplementary health insurance
- Location of the position: Paris
- Reference: 2022-01-ING6PLATCYT
Please send your CV, letter of motivation and 2 references, to Dr Coralie GUERIN firstname.lastname@example.org
Publication date: 10th January 2022
Deadline for application: 31ST January 2022