Job description - Laboratory
The Metabolomics Technology platform offers cutting-edge analytical services to researchers at the Institut Curie, and users from national and international academic institutions and companies. The platform puts emphasis on project-specific tailor-made metabolome and lipidome analysis and method development. We are equipped with high performance hardware, including high resolution mass spectrometry (Orbitrap) and GCMS as well as high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) and automated direct infusion.
The successful candidate will work in a collaborative project involving pathologists at the Institut Curie hospital and our industry collaborators at OGD2 pharma (http://ogd2pharma.com). The candidate will be responsible for performing lipidomics analysis on patient derived xenografts focusing primarily on glycosphingolipids encompassing sample preparation, data acquisition and analysis.
- Sample preparation including sample homogenization, lipid extraction and sample infusion and acquisition in the mass spectrometer.
- Operation and maintenance of the mass spectrometer and robotic infusion device.
- Acquisition and analysis of lipidomics data using dedicated software.
- Statistical analysis of large scale lipidomics data.
Training and experience required
- Design engineer (“Ingénieur d’Etude”) at minimum at Masters level.
- Deep knowledge in Chemistry and Bioanalytics.
- Previous experience with mass spectrometry.
- Previous experience with Lipidomics approaches.
- A good command of the English language.
- Ambition and willingness to learn.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Organization and critical thinking.
All our opportunities are open to people with disabilities
- Type of contract: Fixed-term contract
- Starting date: as soon as possible
- Duration: 12 months
- Working time: full time
- Remuneration: according to the current grids
- Benefits: Collective catering, reimbursement of transportation fees up to 70%, supplementary health insurance
- Location of the position: Orsay
- Reference: 2023-10-UMR366/U1143-ING01
Please send your CV, letter of motivation and 2 references, to Julio Lopes Sampaio (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Publication date: October 11th, 2023
Deadline for application: November 30th, 2023
Institut Curie is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer
and is dedicated to the highest standards of research integrity.