The Curie Institute is a major player in cancer research and the fight against cancer. It consists of a hospital and a research center with more than 1000 employees with strong international representation.
The objective of the Curie Institute Research Center is to develop fundamental research and use the knowledge produced to improve the diagnosis, prognosis and therapy of cancers within the framework of the continuum between fundamental research and innovation.
Hélène Salmon is the head of the “Stroma and Immunity” group established at Institut Curie since 2019, which combines experimental and computational approaches to understand the contribution of stromal cells, especially cancer-associated fibroblasts (CAFs), to shaping immune responses against cancer.
The Salmon Lab, which is composed of 2 PhD students, 1 bioinformatician post-doc, 2 research engineers, and 1 clinician, is part of the Immunity and Cancer Department (U932), gathering experts in cell biology, immunology, and clinical immunotherapy.
The Stroma and Immunity Team is seeking a motivated engineer with experience in molecular biology. The candidate will primarily work with human tissue and mouse tumor models with a focus on cellular immunology and act as lab manager for the team. This is a dynamic position, with opportunities to work on a range of innovative assays (real-time imaging, 3D spheroid system, CRISPR/Cas9 screening) and good opportunities for publications.
- Maintain laboratory environment and assist in the upkeep of appropriate inventories
- Ordering of reagents and supplies
- Supervise, train and assist the new students with diverse techniques
- Setup and optimize new protocols and techniques
- Participate in different research projects
Training and experience :
The ideal candidate will have experience with the following techniques :
- Cell culture
- General molecular biology lab techniques such as PCR and qPCR
- Production and transduction of lentiviruses
- Working in level 2 and level 3 biosafety laboratories
- Experience with flow cytometry and immunohistochemistry would be an asset but are not essential as full training will be provided
Required skills :
- Organizational, problem solving and analytical skills
- Good English level (reading, writing and speaking)
- Excellent communications and team working skills
- High standards of integrity, accuracy and attention to details
- Computer skills: common office (e.g. Word, Excel) and laboratory softwares (GraphPad, FlowJo/Diva)
- Interest for developing new technologies
All our opportunities are open to people with disabilities.
- Contract type : CDD
- Contract duration : 1 year
- Working time : Full time
- Advantages : Collective catering, 70% cost of the transport ticket, company mutual insurance
Salary will follow the rules of the Research Center and will depend on the experience of the candidates.
To apply, send your CV (max. 2p) and motivation letter to Helene.firstname.lastname@example.org
Publication date of the job posting : June 7th 2021
Application deadline : June 30th 2021