Jean-Léon Maître, head of the “Mechanics of mammalian development” team, and Daniele Fachinetti, head of the “Molecular mechanisms of chromosome dynamics” team, are seeking a postdoc with a strong interest in interdisciplinary research.
The candidate will study chromosome dynamics in preimplantation embryos, using approaches at the interface between biology and physics. The candidate’s work will include developmental biology techniques with recovery, culture and genetic manipulation of mouse embryos; molecular biology methods such as chromosome painting, 3D immuno-oligoFISH and sequencing; biophysical techniques such as high-resolution microscopy and optical tweezers; data and image analysis.
- Training and Skills required: Prior experience with mouse handling, molecular biology, advanced microscopy, and/or image analysis will be extremely valuable, but on-the-job training will be provided.
- Abilities: The ideal candidate should feel comfortable working in an interdisciplinary and international environment.
All our opportunities are open to people with disabilities.
- Type of contract: Fixed-term contract.
- Starting date: Early 2024
- Duration: 18 months initially
- Working time: full time
- Remuneration: According to current salary grids
- Benefits: Collective catering, reimbursement of transportation fees up to 70%, complementary health insurance
- Location of the position: Paris
- Reference: 2023-10-UMR3215/U934-POSTDOCT01
Please send your CV, letter of motivation and 2 references (2 pages max each) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Publication date: 31/10/2023
Deadline for application: 20/12/2023
Institut Curie is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to the highest standards of research integrity.