Context - Laboratory
The team “RNA, Tumor Microenvironment and Metastasis”, led by Albertas Navickas, has been recently established at Institut Curie, in the “Genome Integrity, RNA and Cancer” (UMR3348) department in Orsay. We focus on the gene regulatory networks promoting the establishment of the metastatic niche. The founding of the lab has been supported by the ATIP-Avenir program, ARC foundation, PSL Young Researcher Starting Grant, and Ruban Rose association. More information is accessible at https://institut-curie.org/team/navickas.
Tumor-secreted RNA has gathered substantial attention due to its role in cell-cell communication within the tumor microenvironment and metastatic niche establishment. Extracellular RNA (exRNA) can activate the native immune response in the distant tissue, and establish there a pro-metastatic inflammatory environment. The molecular dissection of this process holds promise to advance our understanding of the early phases of the metastatic cascade, when therapeutic intervention is most effective. However, exRNA signaling in the metastatic niche remains poorly understood.
We are looking to hire a postdoc with experience in RNA biology, whose project will consist of the characterization of exRNAs capable of inducing RNA signaling, and particularly focusing on extracellular double stranded RNA in triple negative breast cancer, using cell line, PDX organoid models and clinical samples. The project includes the possibility to collaborate with clinician scientists at Institut Curie.
Training and Skills required
- Training: PhD in RNA biology (genetics, molecular biology, biochemistry or equivalent)
- Scientific skills: RNA biology, innate immune signaling, extracellular vesicle and secretory mechanisms
- Technical skills: experience in RNA sequencing techniques
- Professional experience desirable: PhD or postdoc experience
- Language skills: fluent in English (C1 or equivalent).
- Ability to work independently
- Scientific rigor and transparency
- Aptitude for working in an international team
- Ability and will to communicate
All our opportunities are open to people with disabilities.
- Type of contract: Fixed-term contract.
- Starting date: January 2024 or later
- Duration: 12 months, renewable 18 months
- Working time: full time
- Remuneration: according to the current grids
- Benefits: Collective catering, reimbursement of transportation fees up to 70%, supplementary health insurance
- Location of the position: Orsay
- Reference: 2023-11-UMR3348/U1278-POSTDOCT01
Please send your CV, letter of motivation and 2 references, to Albertas Navickas (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Publication date: November 2nd, 2023
Deadline for application: December 31st, 2023
Institut Curie is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer
and is dedicated to the highest standards of research integrity.