The Medico-Scientific Program (MSPg), a priority of the Institut Curie's strategic plan, aims to promote translational, clinical and societal research along priority thematic axes. As such, epigenetics and urology are currently seeking a Project Manager to promote these two themes, support the teams involved, develop their potential, find public and private funding and accelerate translational research on these two themes. The selected candidate will be recruited to work in the "Département de Recherche Translationnelle" managed by Sergio ROMAN ROMAN and will be under the scientific responsibility of Geneviève ALMOUZNI, Yves ALLORY, and François RADVANYI.
- Identification of calls for research funding, coordination of funding applications, in collaboration with the teams concerned, at the scientific, administrative, financial, human and logistical level
- Coordinate the programming and monitoring of projects at the scientific, administrative, financial, human and logistical level
- Detect projects of high potential within the MSPg themes (identify current strengths and promote interconnections)
- Identification of promising projects in the teams to develop and promote industrial / academic partnerships, innovation (start-up) on the potential of the MSPg.
MSPg animation, dissemination and communication:
- Promote this dynamic with collaborators within the Institut Curie, with the other axes of the MSPg and more broadly within the French and European community
- Communication and scientific animation: regular (monthly) meetings and seminars, courses, retreats and workshops to promote team projects
- Contribution / Writing of publications on the results of MSPg projects - Point of contact for the MSPg with the communication department.
Key role for the MSPg in relations with the Tech Transfer Office for the establishment of contracts, declarations of invention as well as the negotiation of agreements with industrial partners.
Key role with the legal department, the data department and the Center of Biological Resources for the management of regulatory and ethical aspects of MSPg projects (internal review committee, consents, export authorizations, management of sensitive data).
Training and experience required
- PhD in biology with an interest in oncology and epigenetics.
- Professional experience in collaborative research project management with academic and / or industrial partners would be appreciated.
- Experience in writing articles and grant applications, as well as experience or training tech transfer and patenting, would be appreciated.
- International experience would be appreciated.
- To be organized, rigorous and multitasking. Demonstrate initiative, autonomy, capacity for synthesis. Knowing how to adapt to a variety of people.
- Excellent interpersonal and writing skills
- Good knowledge of IT tools (Office suite), web and social media.
- Fluent English and French, written and oral.
All our opportunities are open to people with disabilities
- Type of contract: Fixed-term contract
- Starting date: November 1st, 2023
- Duration: 1 year
- Working time: full time
- Remuneration: according to the current grids
- Benefits: Collective catering, reimbursement of transportation fees up to 70%, supplementary health insurance
- Location of the position: Paris
- Reference: 2023-10-PMS-MANG01
Please send your CV, letter of motivation and 3 references, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Publication date: October 9th, 2023
Deadline for application: Decembre 31st, 2023
Institut Curie is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer
and is dedicated to the highest standards of research integrity.