Institut Curie is a major player in the research and fight against cancer. It consists of a Hospital Group and a Research Center, which allows for a unique continuum between fundamental research and innovations for patients, and provides direct access to tissue samples from cancer patients. Institut Curie is composed of more than 1000 employees with a strong international representativeness.
The objective of the Research Center is to develop basic research and to use the knowledge produced to improve the diagnosis, prognosis, and therapeutics of cancers as part of the continuum between basic research and innovation serving the patient.
The Immunity and Cancer Department (U932), directed by Ana-Maria Lennon-Duménil, is composed by 9 teams with a total of more than 100 people. The teams of our department try to better understand the immune responses, and to direct the immune system to better fight against pathogens and/or tumors. Research projects range from fundamental immunology to translational immunology and cancer immunotherapy. These approaches include biology, biochemistry and molecular imaging techniques, based on both in vitro and in vivo experimental models, and immunological monitoring, diagnosis, prognosis and immunotherapy studies in cancer patients.
The Immunity and Cancer department is seeking a motivated technician/engineer with experience in histology and image analysis. The candidate will perform multiplexed immunohistochemistry and immunofluorescence stainings on paraffin-embedded and frozen samples, including both human and mouse tissues, and will be involved in analyzing the resulted images. This is a dynamic position with opportunities to work on innovative multiplexing assays and to develop new analysis strategies.
- Training and experience required
- Technician or engineer training level
- Professional experience with imaging techniques and image analysis (e.g. QuPath, ImageJ, Halo)
- Skills required
- Organizational, problem solving and analytical skills
- High standards of integrity, accuracy and attention to details
- Good English level (reading, writing and speaking)
- Excellent communications and team working skills
- Autonomy, ability to take initiatives
- Interest for developing new technologies and analysis strategies
- Type of contract: Fixed-term contract
- Starting date: Fall 2021
- Duration: 12 to 18 months
- Working time: full time
- Remuneration: according to the current grids
- Benefits: reimbursement of transportation fees up to 70%, supplementary health insurance
- Location of the position: U932, Hospital building, 26 rue d’Ulm, 75005 Paris
- Reference: 2021-10-TECHIMA932
The candidate will be linked to the Stroma & Immunity team (H. Salmon).
Please send your CV, letter of motivation and 2 references, to Joffrey Alves-Gasnier email@example.com
Publication date: October 21st, 2021
Deadline for application: November 26th, 2021