Training and sharing knowledge
Master's students, PhDs and post-doctoral fellows, but also medical and nursing students, for all these young scientists, Institut Curie is a real place for the transmission of knowledge.
The courses offered by Institut Curie do not lead to a degree, but some are included in the training programmes of partner universities.
In collaboration with its researchers and physicians, Institut Curie organizes international courses given by world-renowned specialists for master's students, PhDs and postdoctoral fellows. Most of these courses are validated as European university modules and give right to ECTS credits (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System).
Institut Curie's training unit
The Institut Curie's training unit coordinates the Institut Curie's training activities for researchers and doctors. Its missions are to:
- Implement training and career development activities to promote the competitiveness of trainees at the international level;
- To develop a constantly evolving offer to meet the needs of the trainees;
- To engage in networking and promote international partnerships;
- To apply the motto "The trainee is the trainer" by encouraging active participation in mentoring young trainees.
Institut Curie's main training and teaching activities
- An international PhD program: thesis grants are available each year;
- International scientific courses: an average of 14 per year, organised with Institut Curie researchers and doctors, some of which are accredited by Parisian universities and free of charge;
- Technical and transferable skills training: available to all Institut Curie staff;
- Training in scientific integrity: for all PhD students and young researchers, encouraged for all Institut Curie staff;
- A funding programme for doctors, pharmacists and other health professionals who wish to undertake an MSc or PhD at Institut Curie;
- Advanced medical courses (taught in French);
- Trainingfor interns and medical students;
- Preceptorships and master classes for doctors, funded by industrial sponsors.