Emerald - International PhD Program for Medical Doctors: the call for applications is now open!
Institut Curie has joined six other biomedical research institutes to train Europe’s next generation of physician-scientists. The PhD program will provide medical doctors with state-of-the-art biomedicine training and help bridge the gap between laboratory research and clinical practice.
The first call, for a total of 12 positions, opened on September 13th. Each position will be based at one of the seven host institutes each with strong experience in research training programmes and with most of them having previously run training programmes specifically for physician-scientists. Alongside the host institutions, there are more than 30 partners from 10 European countries, including universities, hospitals, patient associations, pharmaceutical companies and publishers, with each partner offering secondment opportunities, collaborations and bespoke training for the medical doctors.
Institut Curie is offering one PhD position for a project entitled “Molecular biology to refine diagnostic and therapeutic strategies in adult soft tissue sarcoma” supervised by Sarah Watson, MD-PhD.
Further details on the application process and open positions can be found on the Emerald project’s website. The initial deadline for applications is 14th November 2021.
The host institutions are:
• The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) in Barcelona, Spain
• The Institut Curie in Paris, France
• The Biotech Research & Innovation Centre (BRIC) at the University of Copenhagen, Denmark
• The Fundação Calouste Gulbenkian - Instituto Gulbenkian de Ciência (IGC) in Lisbon, Portugal
• The Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine in the Helmholtz Association (MDC) in Berlin, Germany
• The Netherlands Cancer Institute (NKI) in Amsterdam, The Netherlands
• The Flanders Institute for Biotechnology (VIB) in Ghent, Belgium