The governance of Institut Curie unites several entities within a shared strategy: the Hospital group, the Research Center and the Head office of the foundation, which provides its support to the many synergies between research and care. Through this organization, each entity is able to focus on its primary missions, namely research, care and conserving and sharing knowledge.
The Supervisory Board monitors the administration of the foundation by the Executive Board.
The Executive Board
The Executive Board administers the foundation. It is comprised of 3 to 5 members - 4 to date - appointed by the Supervisory Board, giving each one of them the capacity of Vice-President. The chairman of the Executive Board represents the foundation in its dealings with third parties and all actions of civilian life.
Members of the Executive Board are appointed for a renewable period of 6 years.
Chairman of the Executive Board: Prof. Thierry PHILIP
- Prof. Djillali Annane
- Prof. Dominique Deville de Périère
- Hervé Le Floc’h
- Prof. Thierry Philip
The Supervisory Board
It monitors the administration of the foundation by the Executive Board. It also performs the following functions:
- It validates the foundation’s program of action
- It adopts the report presented to it annually by the Executive Board concerning the activities and financial health of the foundation and of each entity, and the report concerning investments;
The Supervisory Board is comprised of 18 members divided into 4 colleges:
► 3 founding members
- Marc Joliot representing the Curie family
- Daniel Thierry representing the Rothschild family
- Stewart Cole representing the Institut Pasteur
Two other members acting in an advisory capacity
- Gérard Wormser
- Stefano Bosi representing the Académie de Paris
► 6 ex-officio members
- Jean-Guy de Chalvron representing the Ministry of the Interior
- Jocelyne Bérille representing the Ministry of Research
- Béatrice Brugère representing the Economic, Social and Environmental Council (CESE)
- Norbert Ifrah representing the French National Cancer Institute (INCa)
- Yves Levy representing the Institut national de la santé et de la recherche médicale (Inserm)
- Catherine Jessus or Domenico Libri representing the Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS)
Three other members act in an advisory capacity
- Marie -Christine Lemardeley representing the city of Paris
- Eric Seynave representing the town of Saint-Cloud
- Alain Fuchs representing PSL university
► 5 experts
- Frédéric Donnedieu de Vabres
- Philippe Louis-Dreyfus
- André Gauron
- Jean-François Girard
- Mireille Guigaz
► 4 personnel representatives
College of Personnel Representatives
- Valérie Sire-Trotin
- Sébastien Goud
Representatives of scientific and medical personnel
- Fatima Mechta-Grigoriou for the Research Center
- Nathalie Cassoux for the Hospital Group
The Scientific Advisory Board
Comprising individuals from outside Institut Curie, the Scientific Advisory Board features internationally-renowned researchers and heads of major foreign institutions who devote most of their time to cancer research. Its mission is to provide strategic guidance on the Institut’s major priority areas and activity programs before they are submitted to the Supervisory Board for approval. The Chairman is elected for a term of two years.
Chairman of the Scientific Advisory Board: Prof. Iain MATTAJ
Président du Conseil scientifique : Pr Iain MATTAJ
Find out more about the Scientific Advisory Board
The Research Center is internationally renowned, and works on four cancer-related areas. The Director of the Research Center is elected every 5 years by the Executive Board.
Director: Bruno Goud
Deputy Director: Yann Guivarch
Find out more about the Research Center
With its high-tech equipment, the Hospital Group treats all types of cancer, including the rarest. It is a leader in the treatment of breast cancer, ophthalmological cancer, sarcoma and pediatric cancer. The director of the Hospital Group is elected every 5 years by the Executive Board.
General Director: Prof . Pierre Fumoleau
He is supported by a board comprising the Deputy Director of General Affairs, Finance and Projects, Claire Genety, the Deputy Director of Human Resources, Organization and Quality, Elisabeth Verger, the site directors respectively for Paris, Laurence Desjardins, for Saint-Cloud, Roman Rouzier and for Orsay, Rémi Dendale, and the director of Nursing Care, Sylvie Arnaud.
Find out more about the Hospital Group
The Head Office assists the Hospital Group and the Research Center, supporting the activities of Institut Curie and the implementation of our institutional project, MC21. As such it helps us to achieve consistency within the foundation.
►The Office of the President, headed by Yohan Philippe. The cabinet helps to develop strategy, provide monitoring of the management and governance bodies, and manage institutional priorities.
► The Head Office is headed by Jacques Gilain. It includes the Financial Management Department (Fabienne Conte), head office HR (Stéphane Lacroix), the Department of Operations, Infrastructures, Purchasing and Logistics (Jean-Robert Greslin), the Department of Information Systems (Philippe Rizand), the Legal Department (Régine Borgeot), the Data Department (Xosé Fernandez), the Department of Industrial Development and Relations (Amaury Martin). The Deputy Director of the head office, Yohan Philippe, heads the Curie Museum (Renaud Huynh), the Donor Relations Department (Agnès Hubert), the Communications Department (Mathilde Regnault) and the Department of International Relations (Pierre Anhoury).