The hospital’s pharmacy manages its drug inventory and prepares drug treatments.
©Pedro Lombardi / Institut Curie
Missions of the Pharmacy
- Procurement of all drugs, medications and medical devices.
- Daily individual dispensing of medications to inpatients and monitoring of prescriptions, including monitoring of certain drugs after the patient leaves the hospital.
- Centralised preparation of chemotherapy drugs and quality control
- Management of medical fluids.
- Management of drug trials.
- Drug Committee. The committee’s mission is to consider all problems related to the use of drugs in the hospital (e.g. prescription, choice, delivery, risk of errors during administration etc.) and to try to find practical solutions to these numerous problems. It keeps current and regularly updates a complete list of prescription medications.