Surgery is often an important step in cancer treatment. At Institut Curie, doctors carry out conservative or reconstructive surgery wherever possible. The improvement of surgical techniques aids in early recovery, and helps reduce hospital stays and the number of procedures in outpatient care.
Pedro Lombardi / Institut Curie
Missions of the department
The Surgery department treats several types of cancer and takes care of post-surgical reconstruction.
- Breast and gynecological tumors, in the senology, gynecology and reconstruction surgery department.
- Tumors of the upper aerodigestive tracts, salivary glands, cervico-facial region, facial sinuses or thyroid, in the Cervico-facial and ENT Surgery department.
- Tumors of the eye and the ocular adnexa in children and adults, in the Ophthalmological Surgery department.
- Digestive tumors and liver surgery on metastases in the Digestive Surgery unit.
- Sarcomas and complex tumors in the Visceral Surgery unit.
- The department treats skin tumors in a multi-disciplinary fashion (ENT, plastic surgery).