The Institut Curie is a major player in the research and fight against cancer. It consists of a hospital and a Research Center of more than 1000 employees with a strong international representativeness.
The objective of the Curie Institute Research Center is to develop basic research and to use the knowledge produced to improve the diagnosis, prognosis, and therapeutics of cancers as part of the continuum between basic research and innovation serving the patient.
The Institut Curie Single Cell platform (https://science.institut-curie.org/platforms/single-cell-platform/) was created in June 2018 under the supervision of Céline Vallot and Leïla Perié. It uses the emerging droplet microfluidic technology. This technology involves compartmentalization of samples into droplets, in order to have less than one cell per droplet. Biological analyzes are thus carried out at the level of the single cell and make it possible to study the genome, the epigenome and the transcriptome of each cancer cell separately at ultra-high throughput, and thus to account for cell diversity.
The single cell platform is seeking a motivated Engineer with advanced experience in molecular biology.
She/He will be in charge of the molecular biology aspect of technological developments, ie all molecular biology steps within single cell experiments (from the production of ad hoc hydrogel beads to the preparation of sequencing libraries) for the platform, in collaboration with research teams from Institut Curie.
She/He will contribute to the development of new experimental approaches for single-cell profiling.
- Experience level / degrees required
- Master in molecular biology and equivalent training.
- 2 years of experience in a research lab would be appreciated.
- Candidate profile
- Molecular biology: qPCR, library preparation for NGS, bioanalyzer or TAPE station, DNA and RNA extraction, PCR, gels, expertise in single cell experiment would be an asset.
- Cloning & Sanger sequence analysis
- Experience in microfluidics would also be an asset.
- Good level in English (reading, writing and speaking)
- Computer skills: common office (Word, Excel…) and laboratory softwares (Graphpad, Serial cloner or equivalent).
- Excellent communications and team working skills
- High standards of integrity, accuracy and attention to details.
- Interest for developing new technologies.
All our opportunities are open to people with disabilities
- Type of contrat : Fixed Term Contract
- Duration : 18 months - Position available as soon as possible
- Working time : full time
- Advantage : Collective catering, reimbursement of transportation fees up to 70%, supplementary health insurance
The remuneration will follow the rules of the Research Center and will depend on the experience of the candidates
Please send your CV (max 2 pages), cover letter and 2 references to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Publication date : May 21st 2021
Deadline for applications : June 20th 2021